These Easy Skillet Green Beans are sautéed in butter with onions and garlic and done in just 10 minutes. This is easy side dish pairs with any of your favorite chicken, beef, pork or seafood recipes.
I don’t know about you butI tend to get in a rut making the same side dishes again and again. That’s why I am always on the look out for new recipes to try. If you’ve got a great side dish you can make even a simple dinner something special.
How to make Skillet Green Beans:
- green beans (fresh or frozen)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium hight heat. Once oil is warm sprinkle in red pepper flakes and stir to coat. If you are leaving out the pepper flakes heat the oil and skip to the next step.
- Add in green beans to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- At the end of two minutes add garlic, salt and pepper to the green beans and stir to combine. Reduce heat and cover cooking for five minutes. Serve immediately.
My tips for this recipe:
- Choose a big skillet with a fitted lid. You don’t want to crowd the green beans. Too many beans in the pan will prevent even cooking. I used a 12 inch skillet for this recipe.
- Don’t over cook the beans. Look for a bright green color when sautéing green beans like in this recipe it usually only takes 7-10 minutes for the beans to cook.
Looking for more green bean recipes? You’re going to love these:
…or how about these great side dishes?
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Easy Skillet Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green beans trimmed if using frozen thaw them first
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat. Sprinkle in red pepper flakes and stir to coat.
Add onion and garlic fo skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is fragrant
Add green beans to skillet and toss to coat with oil, garlic and onions. Then cover and cook for five minutes.
1 Frozen green or even canned green beans can be substituted for fresh green beans
2 If you are using canned green beans, skip step one, then continue recipe as written