Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
This Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole is a great recipe for a weeknight dinner but it's fancy enough to serve for a special occasion. If you love to cook with rice then you'll love this casserole.
- 6 oz package of wild rice mix I used two boxes of Rice-a-Roni
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 10 1/2 ounce of cream of chicken soup or condensed chicken with white and wild rice soup I used cream of chicken
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine or chicken broth I used the chardonnay I had in the fridge
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 stalk of celery chopped optional
Preheat oven 350 degrees
Prepare rice according to package directions
While is rice is cooking in a large skillet over medium heat melt butter then cook onion until tender. Stir in soup, sour cream, wine, and basil. Stir in cooked rice and chicken.
Transfer to a 9x13 casserole dish sprinkle cheese on top and cook uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan cheese (optional)