Begin, by preparing the wild rice according to package directions. While the rice is cooking in a large skillet over medium hear melt butter and then cook chopped onion until tender and almost translucent.
Next, stir in soup, sour cream, basil, half the parmesan cheese and wine or chicken broth. Stir in the prepared rice and chicken. Finally transfer the everything into a 9×13 casserole dish.
Finally, Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and then place in a 350º oven for 30 to 35 mintutes. Garish with parsley and parmesan cheese if desired.
Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
This Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole is a great recipe for a weeknight dinner but it's fancy enough to serve for a special occasion. If you love to cook with rice then you'll love this casserole.
- 6 oz package of wild rice mix I used two boxes of Rice-a-Roni
- 2 cups of cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 10 1/2 ounce of cream of chicken soup or condensed chicken with white and wild rice soup I used cream of chicken
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup of dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Prepare rice according to package directions
While is rice is cooking in a large skillet over medium heat melt butter then cook onion until tender. Stir in soup, sour cream, basil, half the parmesan cheese and wine or chicken broth. Stir in cooked rice and chicken.
Transfer to a 9x13 casserole dish sprinkle cheese on top and cook uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired.