Oven Roasted Parmesan Squash and Zucchini is the perfect summer side dish. Fresh squash and zucchini are perfectly complimented by parmesan cheese and just a touch of garlic.
In the summertime I just can’t get enough of fresh veggies. I love to shop at the local farmer’s market or the produce stand up the road from my house. Two of my favorite things to buy are Summer Squash and Zucchini.
These two vegetables are so versatile and easy to cook. This oven roasted version is one of our favorites. We love how tender the veggies are and the extra flavor from the seasoning and cheese.
Here’s a handy tip from me to you. Line your sheet pan with foil before you cook the veggies. This will make cleaning up a ton easier. This can get a little messy with all the gooey, melty cheese.
Begin by cutting the squash and zucchini in to half inch thick slices. Then, in a bowl mix together garlic and olive oil. Then toss the squash and zucchini in mixture. Line the slices up on the sheet pan then cover with Parmesan cheese. Place in a 350º oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
- 2 small zucchini
- 2 small yellow squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Line a sheet pan with foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray
- Slice squash and zucchini into one inch pieces
- In a bowl combine olive oil and garlic
- Toss vegetables in mixture to coat
- Spread the squash and zucchini on sheet pan
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle on Parmesan Cheese
- Cook for 30 minutes or until cheese if golden brown and bubbly