This easy Grape Salad recipe might sound weird but trust me it is delicious! Some people serve this as a side dish but I really think of it more as a dessert salad. It’s so creamy and sweet I think it’s the perfect way to end a meal.
Recently, we were invited to a party on the Fourth of July I wanted to bring a side dish of course. Because what kind of guest shows up at a barbecue without a covered dish. I decided on this fruit salad because it is easy to make and always popular with a crowd.
How do you make Grape Salad?
Begin by washing grapes and then patting them completely dry with paper towel. Then place them in a large mixing bowl or baking dish.
Next, combine the cream cheese, sour cream granulated sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
Then, pour mixture over the grapes. Toss together until grapes are well coated in the creamy mixture. Place the salad in the refrigerator for at least three hours to chill.
Finally, just before serving sprinkle top with brown sugar and finely chopped pecans.
Other topping ideas:
- toasted pecans
- chopped walnuts
- sliced almonds
- toffee bits
Can you make Grape Salad ahead of time?
You can make this salad in advance. Simply follow all the steps of the recipe leaving out the final step of adding the brown sugar and pecans. If you add the topping in advance it will be come soggy and you will lose some of the flavor and crunch from the pecans.
How long does Grape Salad last in the refrigerator?
You can store grape salad in a covered dish in the refrigerator for up to three days.
My tips for this recipe:
- Be sure to dry the grapes throughly if they are damp the cream cheese mixture won’t stick.
- If you have some really large grapes it’s ok to slice a few of them in half.
- Experiment with the toppings you can even add a chopped Heath Bar or Snickers to the top for a fun twist.
This grape salad recipe isn’t just for the summer. This salad is perfect for holiday dinners like Thanksgiving and Christmas. It’s also great to take to a tailgate! One thing is for sure people are going to love this salad, trust me!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Looking for more dessert salad recipes?
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 2 pounds seedless red grapes
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped
- Wash grapes then pat completely dry with paper towel
- Place the grapes in a large bowl or baking dish
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream granulated sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the grapes and toss until grapes are well coated
- Chill in the refrigerator for three hours
- Just before serving sprinkle top with brown sugar and pecans
Be sure to dry the grapes throughly if they are damp the cream cheese mixture won't stick.
If you have some really large grapes it’s ok to slice a few of them in half.
Experiment with the toppings you can even add a chopped Heath Bar or Snickers to the top for a fun twist.
A few of my favorite potluck style dishes: