These Instant Pot Steak Sandwiches are the BEST thing I’ve made in my pressure cooker. Tender and flavorful these sandwiches are great for an easy weeknight dinner that everyone will love!
There are some things that the Instant Pot does really well. These sandwiches are one of those things. Pressure cooking the steak will make it melt in your mouth tender. In addition, the pressure cooking helps the meat absorb the flavors of the onions, garlic, peppers and seasonings. All this flavors make these Instant Pot Steak Sandwiches a virtual party in your mouth! Trust me they’ll ask you make this over and over again!
What type of steak is best for making sandwiches?
There are lots of cuts of steak but for making sandwiches this recipe I recommend very thinly sliced ribeye. Ribeye is a fatty cut of steak. Now I now that we usually think of fat as bad thing but in this case a little fat helps brings out the flavor in the meat. Another great choice for for this recipe is Hanger steak. Hanger steak is also very flavorful but it is less expensive than ribeye. When you pick out your steak at the grocery store ask the butcher or meat counter employee to slice it for you. They have the equipment there needed to do it quickly.
How to cut thinly cut steak?
If your grocery store doesn’t have a butcher or meat counter you can easily cut the steak at home. To get thin slices that are still tender just follow these easy steps.Lay the raw steak on a flat surface like a cutting board. Then when looking at the beef find the grain by determining which direction the fibers of the steak are traveling. Then using a sharp knife and a gentle sawing motion cut against, opposite of, the grain. Cutting against the grain will help the meat remain tender.
If you like gooey, melty cheese on your sandwich then while you’re Instant Pot is doing it’s thing place your rolls in the oven with two slices of cheese per roll and then bake for a few minutes until the cheese is melted.
I usually serve these Instant Pot Steak Sandwiches with a salad but they are prefect with chips or even fries.
I hope you’ll love this recipe as much as we do! Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Cooking Y’all,
Looking for more easy Instant Pot recipes? You’re going to love these:
Instant Pot Steak Sandwiches
- lb shaved steak chopped
- 1 green bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 yellow onion sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 slices provolone or pepper jack cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350
- Set Instant Pot to sauté and drizzle olive oil into the pot
- Add peppers, onions and steak and sauté for 3 minutes
Place the beef, beef broth, garlic, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
- Put the lid on the pot and seal. Then set to high pressure and cook for 8 minutes.
- While beef is cooking place a slice of cheese onto each sliced roll and then place in oven to melt, about 3-5 minutes
- At the end of the 10 minutes release the pressure before removing the lid.
- Place the beef mixture onto sliced hoagie rolls with melted cheese.
- Using a ladle scoop out au jus for dipping the sandwiches