Instant Pot Taco Pasta is an easy dinner idea that puts all your favorite flavors of tacos in an to make pasta. Plus, you make everything in the Instant Pot so cleaning up is a snap!
Taco night at my house is always a favorite. We love tacos in just about any form but combining tacos and pasta like in this is one of our all time favorites like in this Skillet Taco Mac ’n Cheese.
If you are like me you might be surprised that you can prepare pasta in an Instant Pot but it is actually really easy to do. It also takes about half the cooking time as the traditional stove top method.
Depending on the type of pasta you are cooking it can take anywhere from three to seven minutes to prepare in a pressure cooker.
Do certain pastas cook better in the Instant Pot than others?
As a general rule thicker pastas with a tubular shapes like, penne, ziti or macaroni cook more evenly and tend to stick together less.
Pastas such as spaghetti or angel hair pasta tend to clump together and may be over cooked in some places.
You can make this recipe completely in the Instant Pot by browning the beef with the sauté function. Once the beef is browned using pot holders remove the bowl insert and drain away the fat.
Once you’ve drained the fat off the beef be sure to check for any drippings on the edges and sides of the pot and wipe the away. Then return the insert to the cooker.
Next, stir together water, macaroni, tomato paste, tomatoes and chilies, black beans, kidney beans, taco seasoning salt and pepper.
Seal the pressure cooker and close the steam valve and select high pressure and cook for five minutes. At the end of the cooking time realize the stem from the cooker. Then open and stir in cheese until melted.
Garnish with your favorite taco topping such as sour cream, cilantro, black olives or salsa and enjoy!
Looking for more Instant Pot recipes you’ll love?
Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- 1 16 oz. box macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 12 oz package corn, frozen
- 1 can 15 oz black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can 15 oz kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 can 15 oz Ro-Tel
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 1 cup water
- Drizzle the bowl of the Instant Pot and then select browning allowing the oil to heat up. Add the beef onion and garlic to the bowl and cook until the beef is no longer pink or about 10 minutes.
- Make sure there is no excess fat or drips on the edges and outside of the bowl and then return to the cooker.
- Next add water, macaroni, tomato paste, tomatoes and chilies, black beans, kidney beans, taco seasoning salt and pepper to the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Select High pressure and set timer to cook for five minutes. At the end of five minutes release press through the valve. Then carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the frozen corn and cheese and select sauté and cook until the corn is warm and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chives, sour cream, salsa or any other favorite taco toppings.