Western Omelette Frittata has all the great flavor of a traditional Western Omelette but in a baked dish. It’s made ham. eggs, onions, bell peppers, cheese. There’s a small twist with hash browns that gives it more flavor.
Brunch is my favorite meal. Don’t get me wrong I have a strong affection for breakfast, lunch and dinner. However my heart will always belong to brunch.
One of my favorite parts of brunch are omelettes. Most mornings I don’t have a lot home time to make eggs for breakfast. So when we go out for brunch or even when I make breakfast for dinner omelettes are almost always on the table.
Recently I saw a recipe for a frittata on Pinterest that was made with ham and potatoes. That recipe inspired me to turn my favorite omelette into a frittata.
Begin by melting butter in an oven safe skillet. Once butter is melted cook potatoes until they are tender and then remove from heat.
In a large bowl, I used my largest mixing bowl, whisk together six eggs. Then add peppers, onions, ham, cheese, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
Pour egg mixture over hash browns then sprinkle cheese over the top. Place in a 350º oven for 25 – 30 minutes. When the eggs are firm in the middle the frittata is done. I use the highly scientific method of wiggling the skillet from side to side. If nothing wiggles back it’s done.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Western Omelette Frittata
- 1 cup ham diced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cups hash browns I used frozen
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In an oven safe skillet, melt the butter
- Then sauté the hash browns until tender remove from heat
In a large bowl whisk together milk and six eggs
- Add ham, peppers, onion, cheese, salt and pepper to bowl and mix until combined
- Pour egg mixture over hash browns, sprinkle with cheese and place in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes (eggs are fully cooked when the middle is firm)