The combination of sweet brown sugar and Sriracha sauce give these Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Peanuts an amazing flavor that is seriously addictive!
Sometimes you just need a good snack. Something that you can munch on while you’re watching a good movie or the big game and these Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Peanuts are perfect for just that.
With the holidays approaching I’m always looking for fun homemade gifts I give to the special people in our lives. I often like to make something like these peanuts or these Toffee Candied Peanuts as a gift for a friend or co-worker.
To make these Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Peanuts you will need:
- dry salted peanuts
- Sriracha sauce
- brown sugar
- chili powder
- and hot water
How to make Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Peanuts:
- To make these candied peanuts measure and pour three cups of dry salted peanuts into the bowl of your slow cooker. Then in a bowl whisk together Sriracha sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, and hot water until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the peanuts and toss together to coat throughly. Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 90 minutes.
- At the end of the cooking time use a spoon to scoop out the peanuts and spread them out on wax paper or parchment paper. Be sure to use a spoon the peanuts will he hot to the touch and you don’t want to burn your fingers.
- Once the peanuts are cooled and the coating has hardened they are ready to eat. These peanuts will keep in an airtight container for about a week.
If you want to give these peanuts as a gift just fill a mason jar and add a decorative ribbon or gift tag. A simple home made gift like these this always a great way to add a personal touch when gifting a gift card or money.
Happy Cooking Y’all!
If you’re looking for more snack or food gift ideas you’ll love these:
Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Peanuts
- 3 cups peanuts salted and dry roasted
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons hot water