I made these Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers recently for a road trip we took with my brother and sister law. These tasty crackers aren’t just for long car rides. They are great for game night, football season, holiday parties or well just about any time.
The first time I had these crackers was when I my grandmother made them to snack on during Christmas several years ago. They were so good I kept finding myself going back to the bowl for just a few more several times. Consider this a warning these little crackers are addictive.
This recipe is really easy. I think it’d be a great recipe to let the kids help you make. Because there’s not a lot of complicated steps and no cooking on the stove.
In a small bowl whisk together vegetable oil, dill weed, garlic powder, and one envelope of dry ranch seasoning mix. Then transfer mixture into a one gallon sealable bag.
Next, add two cups oyster crackers to the bag and seal. Be sure to squeeze out any excess air from the bag. Toss crackers and mixture together making sure that they are evenly coated
Spread crackers out in a single layer a rimmed sheet pan. I always line my sheet pan with foil. This makes cleaning up a breeze. Please crackers in a 250º preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever gone past the 15 minutes but cooking time could vary so you’ll want to keep an eye on them.
Let cool for about 10 minutes and enjoy!
I usually double this recipe so that there’s plenty to snack on for a few days. I warned you there were addictive. Once you made some you’ll know what I mean.
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Looking for more addictive snacks? Check these out:
Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers
- 2 cups of oyster crackers or 1 9 oz bag
- 1 1- oz. packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 250°F.
- In a small bowl, add the oil, ranch dressing mix, dill weed,
- and garlic powder. Whisk until mixed throughly.
- In a one gallon freezer bag add the crackers, oil and seasonings, seal bag
- tightly and toss cracker until well coated
- Spread cracker in a single layer on rimmed sheet pan
- Bake the crackers at 250° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool 10 minutes