These bakery style Double Chocolate Muffins are moist and and loaded with chocolate. Made from scratch with easy step by step directions these muffins are going to be a giant hit with your family!
Muffins are always a popular choice for breakfast on the weekends at my house. There is just something about when breakfast tastes like dessert! We love these Blueberry Muffins because they have a great sugar topping, Some of our other favorite muffins are these Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins and these Cinnamon Sugar Mini Muffins.
How to make Double Chocolate Muffins: (scroll down for the full printable recipe card)
- chocolate chips
- cocoa powder
- all-purpose flour
- plain yogurt
- baking powder
- baking soda
- vegetable oil
- vanilla extract
- muffin/cupcake liners
- muffin pan
- cooling rack
- Preheat oven to 350°F then prepare a 12 muffin tin with paper or silicone liners and set it aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with part of the chocolate chips.
- Then in a large mixing bowl beat the eggs then whisk in the yogurt, vanilla extract, and oil.
- Incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix well.
- Divide the muffin batter equally in the the prepared muffin pan and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for ten minutes in the pan. Then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Canola oil can be used in place of vegetable oil. You will use a 1/2 cup of whichever oil you are using.
- Swap the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips or even peanut butter chips.
- Melt a 1/4 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave then drizzle over the baked muffins for extra flavor and decorations.
How to store these muffins:
Room Temperature: Store these muffins in a sealed zip top bag on the counter for up to four days.
Refrigerator: These muffins can be stored in the fridge for up to seven days. The longer the are kept the refrigerator the drier they will become. How ever they will still taste great! To reheat wrap them in a damp paper towel and pop them in the microwave for a few seconds.
Freezer: Cool muffins completely then wrap individually in plastic wrap. Place muffins in a freeze safe zip top bag. Freeze for up to three months. To thaw and reheat remove muffin from plastic wrap and wrap in foil place in a 350°F oven for 10-15 or until heated through. You can also microwave for 1-2 minutes or until thawed and warmed completely.
I hope you and your family will love this recipe as much as we do! If you do try this recipe please come back and leave a comment letting me know how much you liked it!
Happy Baking Y’all!
Still hungry? Follow New South Charm on Pinterest! for more recipe ideas!