These Cinnamon Sugar Mini Muffins are soft and have a warm vanilla favor topped with cinnamon and sugar. These little muffins are perfect for breakfast or dessert!
There is nothing better than a yummy muffin right out of the oven. Right? That’s why lately these Cinnamon Sugar Mini-Muffins have become a weekend tradition at my house. These fun little treats would be perfect for serving on Christmas morning or anytime you have overnight guests.
How do you make these mini-muffins?
This recipe requires a mini-muffin baking pan. These are easy to find and you can most likely get one from any big box store or kitchen supply store. Mine makes two dozen muffins. Which is perfect for this recipe since it makes 24 of these bite size treats.
To make these mini-muffins you will need:
- all-purpose flour
- baking flour
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- sour cream
- and an egg
What is the difference between ground cinnamon and powder cinnamon?
There is a small difference in the two. Ground Cinnamon has more of a granule texture. While Cinnamon Powder has a finer texture. For this recipe I recommend the ground cinnamon because it will blend well with the granulated sugar.
Once you’ve gathered the ingredients it is time to bake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a mini-muffin baking pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a different mixing bowl whisk the butter, egg, vanilla, sugar, milk, and sour cream together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine until there are no dry patches.
- Place one tablespoon worth of batter into each muffin tin. Then place into the preheated oven and bake for 7-9 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- While the muffins are baking mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon is bowl.
- Then while the muffins are still hot toss them in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Of course use your best judgement about how hot is too hot to handle.
Can I use regular non-stick spray?
Yes, the non-stick baking spray is preferred the flour that is part of the formula will improve the chances the muffins will not stick to the pan. However, a liberal dousing of regular non-stick spray will work as well.
These muffins are perfect for sharing with friends. Just bake up a couple batches and load them into a basket or pie plate cover with some plastic wrap add a nice bow and you’ve got a great homemade gift.
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Looking for recipes that use a mini-muffin pan? You’ll love these:
Cinnamon Sugar Mini Muffins
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- Cinnamon Sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 & ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon*
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with baking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
In a medium sized bowl whisk together the butter, egg, vanilla, sugar, milk, and sour cream.
Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and stir to combine until there are no dry patches.
Place one tablespoon worth of batter into each muffin tin. Bake for 7-9 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Immediately take the muffins out of the tin and toss in the cinnamon sugar mixture while still hot.
Whisk together the ingredients in a small bowl while the muffins are baking, set aside.
Notes: you can exchange the ground cinnamon for pumpkin spice