Looking for an easy appetizer for your holiday party? Or to take along to a family gathering? You’ll love these Garlic Parmesan Shrimp. Flavor packed and only take about 10 minutes to make.
This Garlic Parmesan Shrimp is a great party food. Not only does it have phonemail flavor it looks really pretty on your table. In fact it’s so impressive your guests will never suspect you didn’t spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. That’s pretty awesome, right?
You don’t have to wait to have company over to enjoy this shrimp. We actually enjoy this recipe for dinner. It’s a great main dish what pairs nicely with rice or even just with a simple veggie or salad.
I bought the shrimp peeled and deveined if you’re going to peel the shrimp yourself you’ll want to allow an additional ten or fifteen minutes to you prep time.
In a bowl combine olive oil, parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, onion powder, salt and pepper. Then gently toss the shrimp in the mixture to coat.
Next, spread the shrimp in a single layer on a baking sheet that’s been treated with nonstick spray.
Place the shrimp in a 400º oven for 6 – 8 minutes or until the shrimp is firm and pink Then, squeeze the juice of one lemon over the shrimp and garnish with parsley.
I served it on a platter but I think it would just as pretty piled in a big bowl with some wonderful cocktail sauce for dipping.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
- 2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick spray
- In a bowl combine olive oil, garlic oregano, basil, onion powder, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Gently toss shrimp in mixture to coat
- Lay shrimp in a single layer on baking sheet
- Place in oven and cook for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp is firm and pink
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the top of shrimp and garnish with parsley if desired.
Be sure to check out my recipe for Garlic Butter Shrimp
Looking for more fast easy dinner ideas?