This sweet and tangy Cranberry Relish the perfect complement to your holiday feast. Your family will ask for this year after year because once they’ve tried it the stuff in a can will never do again.
Each year when I plan our Thanksgiving feast I try to add something new or something different from the typical fare. This year I’m making this Cranberry Relish instead of the typical canned cranberry sauce.
As a rule I eat cranberry sauce on Thanksgiving. That big red glob of jellied cranberries just doesn’t excite me. This relish is made with fresh cranberries that I can see and smell and it make me just want to dive in and eat the whole bowl.
Besides the fresh cranberries this relish is made with crushed pineapple, Mandarin oranges, and pecans. Plus raspberry gelatin that adds a wonderful surprising tangy flavor.
To make this relish I used my food processor to chop the ingredients. If you don’t have a food processor you can use a blender on pulse to chop up the ingredients.
I began by dumping a bag of fresh cranberries and a cup of shelled pecan halves in the food processor and then used the pulse feature to chop them down.
Then in a bowl I poured the cranberry pecan mixture with a can of crushed pineapple and a can of Mandarin oranges and then stirred it all together.
Next, combine hot water with a small box of raspberry jello. Do not add the cold water that’s listed on the back of the box. Stir to combine and then pour of the cranberry mixture and stir everything together.
Cover the bowl and pop it in the fridge overnight. When the ingredients are set give it one more stir to break it up and then serve.
This Cranberry Relish is perfect to your Turkey Day or Christmas feast. We also love the leftovers over chicken breasts or as a great additional to a ham sandwich.
Thanks so much for stopping by New South Charm! I hope you’ll find a recipe or two you’ll love. Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
This easy Cranberry Relish is the perfect side for your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
- 1 12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 11 oz. can Mandarin oranges with juice
- 1 8 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 small box of raspberry jello
- In your food processor or blender chop fresh cranberries and pecans
- In a bowl combine the cranberry mixture with Mandarin oranges and crushed pineapples
- Next, combine hot water with a small box of raspberry jello. Do not add the cold water that’s listed on the back of the box. Stir to combine and then pour of the cranberry mixture and stir everything together
- Chill in the refrigerator over night. Give everything one last stir before serving.
- Note: This recipe makes a lot of relish. If you are feeding a smaller crowd you might want to cut the recipe in half. When doing this use half a small box of raspberry jello.