This Skillet Taco Mac and Cheese is a quick and easy dinner idea that is perfect for busy weeknights.
Skillet Taco Mac and Cheese is a 30 minute dinner that combines to of my favorite things: tacos and macaroni and cheese. You read that right dinner in 30 minutes and everything cooks in one skillet, even the pasta.
That means you only have to wash one dish (I totally used paper plates) and for me that makes this recipe a real winner in my book.
Now, I know this sounds like a crazy mash up but I promise I wouldn’t share this recipe with you if it wasn’t really good.
You’ll need a big skillet I used a 12 inch non-stick skillet. If you don’t have a large skillet you can use a soup pot or dutch oven.
There are really only three steps to this recipe. Brown the ground beef. Stir in all the other ingredients. Bring everything to a boil add the pasta cover and cook for 15 minutes.
The only way it could be easier is if you had a personal chef. Of course if you had a chef on staff I’m sure he or she would still need the occasional night off and then you’d be really thankful for this easy foolproof recipe. Trust me.
Thanks so much for stopping by New South Charm! I hope you’ll find a recipe or two you’ll love. Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Skillet Taco Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 16 oz. box elbow pasta
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 can tomatoes and chilies
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup frozen corn or one can whole kernels drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef and onion until beef is browned and crumbled.
- Drain excess fat
- Stir in tomatoes and chili, tomato paste, corn, taco seasoning, chili powder, garlic powder, water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta to skillet and stir to combine. Cover with lid and reduce heat. Simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Garnish with cheese and chopped cilantro if desired.