These Maple and Honey Glazed Carrots are drizzled in honey and maple syrup then roasted in the oven until they are fork tender. This easy recipe is simple enough for a weeknight dinner but fancy enough for your holiday table.
How many pounds of carrots does this recipe make?
This recipes makes roughly two pounds or carrots or 10-12 medium sized whole carrots. If you are using baby carrots
Other ingredients for this recipe:
- brown sugar
- maple syrup
- garlic salt
- salt and pepper
How to roast Maple and Honey Glazed Carrots:
Begin by preheating the oven to 375 degrees and preparing a rimmed baking sheet or casserole dish with non-stick spray.
While the oven is heating up wash and peel the carrots then pat them dry and line them up in a single layer on the baking sheet.
Next, make the glaze to do this you will whisk together brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, thyme, cumin, garlic salt, salt and pepper until well in a mixing bowl until well combined.
Pour evenly over the carrots and sprinkle on rosemary and walnuts.
Bake for 50 minutes or until carrots are tender. While carrots are baking whisk together honey and brown sugar.
Remove carrots from oven and pour honey and brown sugar mixture over the top. Serve and enjoy.
My tips for this recipe:
- Change up the seasoning if you want. I’ve made these carrots with Italian seasoning instead of thyme and rosemary and I thought they were just as delicious. Or you can leave out all the seasoning but salt and pepper for an even sweeter version.
- You don’t have to peel the carrots for the recipe if you don’t want to. Just scrub them really well to make sure you wash away all the dirt. Because you are roasting the carrots they will be tender with out without peeling them.
- You can use two pounds of baby carrots for this recipe. Just reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes.
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Maple and Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots medium, peeled
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup honey
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary or more to taste
- 1/4 walnuts walnuts shelled
- 1/2 honey
- 1/4 brown sugar
Start by placing your 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 a cup of honey, maple syrup, salt, pepper, thyme, cumin, and garlic salt in a large bowl.
Whisk until well mixed.
Place carrots on a well greased baking sheet.Use parchment paper if desired.
Pour glaze over carrots.
Sprinkle with rosemary and walnuts.
Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Mix honey and brown sugar and pour over carrots before serving.
You can exchange the two pounds of medium sized whole carrots for baby carrots to do this reduce the cooking time by 10 minutes