This Chicken Salad recipe is loaded with pecans and grapes then tossed in a creamy dressing. With just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes work you’ll have a great cold salad perfect for lunch or a light dinner!
How to make Chicken Salad:
- Red grapes
- Red Onion
- Dijon Mustard
- Sour Cream
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley (optional)
- Prepare the chicken and shred or chop into bite size pieces, set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredient until everything is coated.
- Cover bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Save time by using a rotisserie chicken. You will need around 3 1/2 cups of chicken.
- You can leave out the celery if you prefer. We like the addition of celery for the texture and flavor but it is not 100% necessary for this recipe.
- Swap the red grapes for green grapes or use a combination if you want.
- Swap the pecans for walnuts, almonds and cashews.
- Swap the sour cream for greek yogurt for a lighter, healthier version.
- Leave out the two tablespoons sour cream and use one cup of mayo instead.
There are so many way to serve this delicious Chicken Salad. The most common way of course in on bread. Other ideas are:
- on Croissants
- on Buns
- wrapped in a flour tortilla
- on Dinner Rolls (great for a party)
- in a lettuce wrap
- or with crackers
How to store Chicken Salad:
Refrigerator: Keep the salad refrigerated at all times in a bowl with tight fighting lid or a bowl covered tightly in plastic wrap.
Freezer: I do not recommend freezing this recipe. The freezing and thawing process will break down the ingredients in the salad changing the flavor and the texture.
I hope you and your family will love this recipe as much as we do! If you do try this recipe please come back and leave a comment letting me know how much you liked it!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Still hungry? Follow New South Charm on Pinterest! for more recipe ideas!
- 2 large chicken breast cooked shredded
- 1-2 stalks celery sliced
- ⅔ cup red grapes sliced in half
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped (optional)
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare the chicken and shred or chop into bite size pieces, set it aside.
In a large mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, sour cream, salt and pepper.
Add the remaining ingredients toss together until everything is coated in the dressing.
Cover bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
Nutritional information is estimated. Amounts will vary based on ingredient choices and serving sizes