This delicious, creamy, cold Frosted Lemonade is a fun Chick Fil A Copycat. This refreshing drink is perfect for those summer days.
My current obsession is Frosted Lemonade from Chick Fil A! I mean what’s not to love fresh squeezed lemonade with ice cream? Sweet and tart all in one drink!
How to make Copycat Chick Fil A Frosted Lemonade:
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- vanilla Ice cream
- granulated sugar
- sauce pan
- measuring cups
- ice cream scoop
- straws and spoons for serving
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine sugar, lemon juice, and water stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. This should take about five minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and let it cool to room temperature, for 10 minutes. Then transfer to the refrigerator for 30 minutes until chilled.
- Place the ice cream in the blender, add the lemonade mixture, Blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses.
- Serve immediately with a straw and a spoon!
Variations and Substitutions:
- Instead of making your own lemonade simple sugar skip the first two steps and use a cup and a half of store bought lemonade.
- You can swap the ice cream for a dairy alternative the texture might be slightly different but the flavor should still be amazing!
- Don’t have a blender? No problem you can use a food processor or even an immersion blender if you have one.
- You can use any type of vanilla ice cream you’d like. I like plain vanilla but French vanilla or vanilla bean ice cream are great too.
- Want to make this simple frozen treat into a frozen cocktail? Add an ounce (or more) of vodka!
- This drink is very thick if you would prefer it to thinner add a splash of milk before blending.
I hope you and your family will love this recipe as much as we do! If you do try this recipe please come back and leave a comment letting me know how much you liked it!
Happy Sippin’ Y’all!
Still hungry? Follow New South Charm on Pinterest! for more recipe ideas!
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
- ½ cup water
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream about 8 scoops
Place the sugar, lemon juice, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
Take off the heat and let cool to room temperature, for 10 minutes. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes until chilled.
Place the ice cream into a blender. Add the lemonade mixture. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.