English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas only take a few minutes to prepare and you have a great breakfast for the week. You can also freeze these for months of hearty breakfasts.
Some mornings eating a good hearty breakfast can be a challenge at my house. Some mornings there’s just no time for sitting down to eat. So, I don’t need to tell you that on those morning if it takes longer than 30 seconds to prepare it’s not happening.
Days like these happen more often than I want to admit. Therefore, I’m always on the look out for fast breakfast recipes. English Muffin Breakfast Pizzas are really easy to make and can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week and the freezer for up to three months.
Preheat oven to 350º while you’re waiting on the oven prepare the other parts of the pizzas.
In a skillet over medium heat cook breakfast sausage crumbling it as it cooks. Remove sausage from skillet and set aside on paper towels to drain. In the same skillet scramble eight eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper. When eggs are set in the middle remove from heat.
Divide English Muffins in two and line them up on a sheet pan or cookie sheet. I recommend lining the tray with foil or parchment paper. This will make cleaning up faster and keep you from scrubbing cheese off the tray when doing the dishes.
Melt four tablespoons of butter (I did it in the microwave) and combine with a teaspoon of garlic powder. Then brush the mixture over the English muffins.
Sprinkle on Cheddar cheese, then stack on egg, and sausage. Repeat this for each muffin half. Sprinkle on more cheese.
Bake at 350º for 10-15 minutes or until muffins are toasted and cheese is melted.
If you are going to freeze these pizzas do not bake. Instead pile on the topping and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Then store in a freezer safe bag. When ready to eat place them in the oven following the above instructions.
These will keep fresh in an air tight container in your refrigerator for up to seven days. To warm them up just pop in the mircowave 30 – 45 seconds.
These are great for breakfast on the go so much better than anything I could get at drive through and less expensive too.
Happy Cooking Y’all!
- 1 package English Muffins
- ½ pound breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter. melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheese (or more if you want it really cheesy)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a skillet over medium heat cook breakfast sausage, crumbling it as it cooks. Remove sausage from skillet and set aside on paper towels to drain
- Season eggs with salt and pepper and cook scrambling until middle is set. Remove eggs from heat.
- Divide English Muffins in two and place on a cookie sheet or sheet pan lined with foil or parchment paper
- Melt butter the combine with garlic powder. Brush butter mixture over the bread.
- Sprinkle cheese on the muffin half then stack on eggs and sausage. Repeat for each English Muffin add more cheese to the top.
- If freezing stop here and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Then store in a freezer safe back for up to three months. When ready to enjoy follow instructions below.
- Bake at 350º for 10-15 minutes or until muffins are toasted and cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately or keep fresh in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to seven days.