My love of pasta is pretty much only second to my husband. Okay that’s an exaggeration but I do really, really love pasta. This recipe for Chicken Caprese Pasta Casserole is no exception, in fact it might be my new favorite.
This casserole is delicious. It’s got just the right amount of sauce. At first I was worried that adding the tomatoes to the casserole would give it an overwhelming tomato flavor. Boy oh boy, was I ever wrong. Adding the fresh tomatoes enhanced the flavor but did not over power the other ingredients.
Another layer to the taste in this sauce was the Balsamic Vinegar. The sweetness of the balsamic totally changed the sauce.
This recipe calls for cooked pasta and prepared chicken that’s been cut into bite sized cubes. Once you’ve prepared both of those elements you’ll be able to put this casserole together in just a matter of minutes.
Preheat your oven to 350º and prepare a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Then in a large bowl mix together marinara sauce, heavy cream, balsamic vinegar, basil, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder until well combined.
Next, add in parmesan cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese, pasta and cooked chicken and grape tomatoes. Stir until chicken and pasta are coated in the sauce.
Transfer mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Garnish with more sliced grape tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, and parsley if desired.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked, cubed)
- 1 pound of Penne pasta (prepared to package directions)
- 2 cups of Marinara sauce
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried Basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (sliced in half)
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Cook and cube two chicken breast, set aside
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and set aside
- Prepare a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine marinara sauce, heavy cream and balsamic
- vinegar, basil, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder
- Add in parmesan cheese, half of mozzarella cheese, pasta and cooked
- chicken and grape tomatoes stir until chicken and pasta are coated in sauce
- Transfer into baking dish and top with remaining mozzarella cheese
- Bake for about 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Looking for more great recipes?