Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are a crowd pleaser and perfect for snacking during the game or a weeknight dinner.
I’ve been feeling like we’ve been in a rut lately. A big old cycle of the same things for dinner all the time. So, tonight I switched it up and made chicken wings for the first time ever.
It turns out these Honey Garlic Chicken wings are really easy to make and they were delicious. In fact they were so good my husband asked me to make them again before we dinner was done.
I bought a three pound bag of chicken dummies from the freezer section. Then before preparing them I thawed the chicken completely.
Preheat the oven to 425º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a bowl mixed together olive oil, salt and pepper. Then toss each piece chicken in the mixture and place on the baking sheet.
Put into preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Ten minutes before the chicken is done combine molasses, honey, garlic, onion powder, brown sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Transfer the mixture into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for five minutes. The sauce will thicken slightly during this time.
Return sauce to bowl and toss wings in sauce to coat. Add more fresh cracked pepper and parsley flakes if desired.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Coat wings in olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread the wings on a
- baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 425º for 45 minutes.
- ¼ cup water
- tbsp molasses
- tbsp honey
- garlic cloves, finely minced
- tsp onion powder
- tbsp brown sugar
- Mix ingredients together in bowl; transfer to sauce pan and bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer to thicken for 5
- Return to sauce to bowl and toss wings in sauce to coat or serve
- sauce on side for dipping.
Looking for more great recipes?