Loaded with blueberries and topped with the perfect sprinkle of sugar this recipe for classic Blueberry Muffins are a simple no fail recipe that you’ll come back to again and again.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
cooling 15 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
Calories 116 kcal
all purpose flour
vegetable or canola oil
heaping cup blueberries
Line a muffin pan with paper baking liners
In a medium bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar
In a different bowl beat egg well and add milk, lemon juice and oil
Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and stir for 20 seconds
Fold in berries
Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full
Sprinkle tops lightly with granulated sugar
Bake at 425 for about 25 minutes
Exchanges and alternatives for this recipe;
- I used all-purpose flour but you can use a gluten-free flour blend or a whole wheat flour. The texture of the muffin will be different but the flavor should be the same.
- You can make this recipe dairy free by swapping the milk for almond milk, oat milk, or other alternative milk of your choice.
- Adding the granulated sugar to the top of the muffins before baking gives them a sweet crunchy top. Another great way to top these is to skip the granulated sugar and sprinkle on some confectioners sugar after the muffins have cooled.
Storing and freezing muffins:
- Line an air tight container or ziptop bag with a paper towel to absorb extra moisture and keep in a cool place. Muffins will remain fresh for up to seven days.
- Cool muffins until they reach room temperature. Freezing the muffins while warm will change the texture making them less fluffy and more rubbery.
- Once the muffins are cooled arrange them in a single layer on a plate or tray and place in the freezer for 30-45 or until the muffins are frozen solid.
- Place the frozen muffins in a zip top freezer bag squeezing out any excess air. Blueberry Muffins will be good in the freezer for up to three months.
- To thaw place in the refrigerator or counter top overnight. To warm them up pop in the microwave for 25-30 seconds or place in a 300° oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Nutritional information is estimated. Information will vary based on ingredient choices and serving sizes
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Trans Fat 1g
Vitamin A 53IU1%
Vitamin C 1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.