Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with ground beef, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, wild rice and seasonings. It’s all the flavors you love about stuffed pepper but in an easy slow cooker soup!
This Stuffer Pepper Soup in the slow cooker is one of our favorites. Easy to put together, budget friendly and filling this recipe checks all the boxes for a great dinner.
Honestly, I love soup. I’m not one to only eat soup when it is cold outside I make it all year long. Soups like Chicken Taco Soup, Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup or even my favorite Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup are always on the menu at my house.
How to make Stuffed Pepper Soup:
- Green Bell Pepper
- Red Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
- Ground Beef
- Wild Rice
- Dices Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Beef Broth
- Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Slow Cooker
- Sharp Knife
- Cutting Board
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper to personal taste.
- In a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Drain off any fat before transferring to the slow cooker.
- Place the beef in the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker then top with remaining ingredients and gently stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When the soup has completed cooking stir ingredients then ladle in to bowls. Garnish with cheese and parsley if desired.
Variations and Substitutions:
- Swap the ground beef for ground turkey to make this lower in fat. You will need to brown the turkey before adding it to the slow cooker just as you will with the ground beef.
- Brown or white rice can be used in place of the wild rice. Using brown rice is a good whole grain alternative.
Storing and Reheating:
Store leftover soup in an air tight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop for best results. If using a microwave reheat in 30 second increments. Stir between each increment for even reheating.
This soup freezes beautifully and will last up to three months in the freezer. You can either freeze in a bowl or a zip top bag. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator for best results.
My tips for this recipe:
- This soup is great for a weeks meal prep. If you are planning to reheat in the microwave I recommend add the rice just before serving. Microwaving rice to reheat it can give it a gummy texture.
- I prefer a white onion to yellow onion in this soup. White onions have just a touch of spice and are not as sweet a yellow onions. The spicy flavor will compliment the sweetness of the bell peppers nicely.
I hope you and your family will love this recipe as much as we do! If you do try this recipe please come back and leave a comment letting me know how much you liked it!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ½ cup wild rice uncooked
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 32 oz container of beef broth
In a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil brown the ground beef then drain off any fat.
Place the beef in the bottom the bowl of the slow cooker.
Top with remaining ingredients and gently stir to combine.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
When the soup has completed cooking stir ingredients then ladle in to bowls. Garnish with cheese and parsley if desired.
Nutritional information is estimated. Information will vary based on ingredient choices and serving sizes.
Store leftovers inside the refrigerator for up to 5 days after cooking.
This dish also freezes very well inside gallon or quart sized Ziploc Freezer bags.