This creamy, rich Slow Cooker Italian Chicken is the perfect dinner for a busy day. Tender chicken is cooked in a creamy sauce and seasoned to perfection with Italian dressing and garlic
This Slow Cooker Italian Chicken is a recipe that I discovered way back when Pinterest was still new. Back when you had to get an invite from someone to join. Do you remember those days? Anyway, it seemed like this recipe was everywhere on Pinterest at that time. I printed it out and one day we tried it. It’s been one of my go to slow cooker meals since.
We’ve been busier than usual lately. Because of this I’ve been using my slow cooker a lot. Today I was out running errands and going to a couple of appointments. I knew I wouldn’t get home until close to dinnertime. So, I started dinner before I left the house for the day. I knew that I wouldn’t be tempted to go out or grab a pizza if I had something cooking at home.
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken is really easy to make just dump everything in the slow cooker then walk away. When you come back a few hours later it’s ready to enjoy.
Begin by placing the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and then sprinkle the dry Italian Salad dressing across the top.
Next combine f cream of chicken soup, one package of cream cheese, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper . Place over the chicken in the bowl of the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for four hours or low for eight hours.
When the chicken and sauce are done cooking remove chicken and cut or shred into bite size pieces. Return chicken to sauce and stir to combine.Serve over prepared pasta.
I’m going to let y’all in on a little secret. I don’t always serve this on top of pasta. I drain the cooked pasta and then dump it into crock up and stir everything together. It makes it easier and less messy to eat. If you’re feeding little ones I recommend serving it this way.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Looking for more great slow cooker recipes? You’re going to love these!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy
Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- 1 16 oz. box of Penne pasta
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts see note at bottom
- 1 .07 oz. Italian dressing packet
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese cubed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley and Parmesan Cheese for garnish
- Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in the bottom of the bowl of your slow cooker.
- Sprinkle Italian Dressing Mix over the top.
- Pour cream of chicken soup over the chicken and in slow cooker.
- Add cubed cream cheese to the top
- Season with salt and pepper
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- When cooking is complete remove chicken and cut or shred into bite size pieces. Return to slow cooker and combine chicken into sauce. If the sauce it too thick thin using milk to your desired consistency.
- Serve over prepared pasta and garnish with fresh parsley and/or parmesan cheese if desired.