If you’re a fan of traditional queso or cheese dips you’re going to love this Slow Cooker Beef Queso Dip! It’s an amped up queso loaded with lots of beefy goodness!
If you’re planning a party or movie night Slow Cooker Beef Queso Dip is the perfect thing to serve. This dip is our favorite for snacking while watching football or binge watching Netflix. I make this dip every year at Christmas time for a family gathering and I never take any home. Yep, it’s that good!
To begin this recipe cut up a block of Velveeta cheese into one inch cubes and set it aside. Then I dice up a small onion, a green bell pepper, and three cloves of garlic.
Then over medium heat melt butter and then add bell pepper, onion and garlic. Cook until tender. Add ground beef to skillet and combine in Worcestershire sauce. Brown until no longer pink.
Transfer mixture to slow cooker. Add in cubed cheese and Ro-Tel. Stir together then cover with lid and cook on low for an hour or two. Once cheese is completely melted give it a stir and dig in.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Slow Cooker Beef Queso Dip
If you're a fan of traditional queso or cheese dips you're going to love this Slow Cooker Beef Queso Dip! It's an amped up queso loaded with lots of beefy goodness!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 32 oz of Velveeta Cheese cubed
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small white or yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely diced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes and chilies
- In a skillet over medium heat melt butter then cook onions, bell pepper and garlic until tender
- Add ground beef, and Worcestershire sauce to skillet and brown until no longer pink
- In a slow cooker, add cooked ground beef mixture, Velveeta cheese, and Ro-Tel. Stir to combine. Cook on low 1-2 hour; until the cheese is completely melted. If you are serving this during a party or gathering keep slow cooker set to warm stirring occasionally.