Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix Muffins are a fun and easy to make breakfast. Made in 30 minutes from a packaged pancake mix and a handful of ingredients, plus sweet chocolate chips these muffins. These are delicious muffins will be a hit with everyone!
How to make Pancake Mix Muffins:
- pancake mix
- chocolate chips
- vanilla extract
- granulated sugar
- vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners. Set the pan aside while you prepare the batter.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the pancake mix and sugar to the mixture and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, reserving some to add to the muffin tops.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups, filling almost to the top. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake in the for 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Can I use the “just add water” pancake mix?
Yes, any packaged pancake mix will work. You don’t need to change the recipe at all for different types of mix! I prefer using a mix that just needs water added as the muffins a little bit more moist.
Substitutions and Variations:
Use your choice of oil. Vegetable oil can be swapped for Canola oil. Either will work for this recipe.
No need to buy milk. Use can use whatever milk you have one hand. No need to change the measurements for 2% or skim. I do think whole milk gives a slightly richer flavor but these muffins are delicious no matter your choice.
Choose your flavor. Chocolate chips are prefect for this recipe but there are so many options. Swap the chocolate chips for a one cup of any of the following:
- white chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips
My Notes and Tips:
- Vanilla Extract is optional. but I really recommend adding it to the batter. The added flavor gives the muffins a homemade from scratch flavor.
- This pancake mix muffin recipe makes muffins that are slightly more dense than regular muffins. They are halfway between the texture of a pancake and the texture of a muffin.
Still hungry? Follow New South Charm on Pinterest! for more recipe ideas!
Pancake Mix Chocolate Chip Muffins
- ¾ cup milk whole, skim or 2%
- 2 eggs large
- ¼ cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups pancake mix
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners, if desired, or spray the pan with nonstick spray.
Whisk the milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
Add the pancake mix, sugar and almost all of the chocolate chips whisk until combined. Reserve a few chocolate chips for decorating the tops of the muffins in the next step.
Divide the batter between the muffin cups, filling almost to the top. Sprinkle the reserved chocolate chips on the top.
Bake for 18-23 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Pancake Mix: Any pancake mix will work for this recipe. Choose your favorite!
- Milk: Whole milk will make the richest muffins, but 2% or nonfat milk will work fine too.
- Oil: This adds moisture to the muffins. Use your favorite baking oil, like canola oil or vegetable oil.
- Nutritional information is estimated. Amounts will vary based on ingredient choices and serving sizes.