Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings are easy to make and perfect for game day or dinner anytime.
A few months ago I shared a recipe for Honey Garlic Chicken Wings. Those were so good and easy to make that I just had to try other recipe for wings.
Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings. These wings are cooked in the oven (duh!) until they are wonderfully crispy on the outside while inside they are tender and juicy.
The sauce is the real star of this recipe. It’s perfectly sweet and tangy. It also has a little bit of a spicy kick. I swear I had to stop myself from eating the sauce with a spoon. It was just that good.
To make these Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings preheat the oven to 375º and then line a rimmed sheet pan or cookie sheet with foil.
In a bowl mix together barbecue sauce, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard, Cayenne pepper, salt and pepper until smooth. I stirred it together with a spoon but you could use a whisk.
Next, place thawed chicken wings in a large resealable storage bag. The pour in most of the barbecue sauce reserving some for dipping or pouring on the wings when they come out of the oven. Close bag squeezing out the air and seal shut. Then shake until the wings are well coated.
Space wings out on baking sheet making sure they are not touching. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until they are crispy and cooked through.
Because I’m so in love with this barbecue sauce I like to drizzle more on top of the wings when they come out of the oven. Extra sauce is completely opitional but I like things a little saucy from time to time.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings trimmed
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzling
Preheat oven to 375º degrees
Line a rimmed sheet pan or cookie sheet with foil and drizzle on olive oil
In a bowl mix together barbecue sauce, honey, garlic powder, onion powder,
ground mustard, Cayenne pepper, salt and pepper until smooth
Place thawed chicken wings in a large resealable storage bag
Pour barbecue sauce over wings inside bag,
seal bag squeezing out air, reserve some of the sauce for dipping or adding to
wings when done
Shake bag until wings are well coated in sauce
Place wings on baking sheet, be sure they are not touching
Place in preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until crisp and cooked
Drizzle with additional sauce and enjoy
Don’t forget to check out all the other great recipes to enjoy while watching the big game from my Sunday Supper Blog Friends!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.