This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #Walmart #CollectiveBias
One Pot Burrito Bowls are a new favorite around my house. Not only is it delicious it is budget friendly. I don’t know about you but for me that’s the perfect combination.
To make these delicious One Pot Burrito Bowls I used two of my favorite pantry staples, Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes and Ro*Tel Tomatoes make this recipe easy to make. At the end of a busy day you need an easy dinner, right?
Both of these great products can be found at your local Walmart. I found these right on the end of the canned vegetable aisle. They were right next to each other on the shelf.
I also picked up some great fresh produce while I was shopping. The onion, bell pepper, and garlic will make the perfect addition to this recipe.
In a large oven safe skillet or dutch oven warm a teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil is warm dump in the onion, garlic and ground beef cook until browned.
Ever wonder how to get perfectly crumbled and seasoned ground beef? I’ve got a great tip for you; use a potato masher. Yep, I said potato masher. Just use the potato masher to stir and mash the beef until it’s browned and crumbled.
One the beef is browned add the chili powder and taco seasoning, and red bell pepper. Continue to stir and mash the beef with your potato masher until the beef evenly seasoned. It couldn’t be any easier, right?
Next add Hunt’s Petite Diced Tomatoes, Ro*Tel Tomatoes and Chilies, chicken broth, black beans, corn, and rice to pot. Stir until well combined. Bring to a slow boil then cover and cook for twenty minutes.
At the end of the 20 minutes remove from heat and sprinkle cheese over the top. Stir into the rice mixture. Cover the top with remaining cheese and scallions.
This is optional but it does seem to make the cheese extra gooey. Pop the skillet under the broiler of your oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Garnish with more scallions, sour cream, avocados, jalapeños, cilantro, or even guacamole.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
One Pot Burrito Bowls
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups rice your preference
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 whole green onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 14 oz. can HUNT'S Petite Diced Tomatoes
- 1 10 oz. can Ro-Tel
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 12 oz. package of corn frozen corn
- 1 4 oz. can of diced chilies
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large oven proof skillet or dutch oven
- Add beef and onion to skillet cooked until beef is browned
- Next, add in chili powder, taco seasoning, and red bell pepper to beef stir until meat is evenly seasoned.
- Stir in the cans of tomatoes and Ro-Tel and tomatoes.
- Add chicken broth, black beans, corn, and rice to the skillet stir until well combined. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- At the end of the 20 minutes remove from heat and sprinkle cheese over the top. Stir into the rice mixture. Cover the top with remaining cheese and green onions.
- Optional: pop the skillet under the broiler for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.