This creamy No Churn Banana Split Ice Cream is everything you ever loved in a banana split sundae in a creamy rich homemade ice cream.
There is nothing you won’t love about this no churn ice cream, It’s made with bananas, cherries and nuts. Then it’s drizzled with chocolate syrup garnished more cherries, banana slices and nuts.
What does No-Churn Mean?
No churn means that you can you can make this delicious frozen treat with out an ice cream maker. To make ice cream all you really need is heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk and a mixer. Of course the flavor options are endless but the base of any ice cream recipe is always these two ingredients.
How do you make banana split ice cream?
You will need:
- heavy whipping cream
- condensed milk
- Maraschino cherries
- chocolate syrup
Begin, by pouring the heavy whipping cream into a large mixing bowl and sing a hand mixer, mix until cream becomes stiff peaks form.
Next, add condensed milk, vanilla, one jar of cherries, and 2 diced bananas folding it all in until well blended.
Then, pour mixture into a metal bread pan. Top with left over banana slices, cherries, and chopped walnuts. and drizzle with chocolate. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for six to eight hours.
Don’t forget top off the Banana Split Ice Cream with all your favorite toppings.
Here are a few suggestions to inspire you:
- whipped cream
- marshmallow fluff
- cookie crumbles
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter chips
- Reese’s Pieces
- gummy bears
- crushed candy bars
- brownie crumbles
- shaved coconut
- strawberry ice cream topping
- caramel ice cream topping
- or fresh fruit
How to store no churn ice cream:
- Make sure you are using a freezer safe container aluminum pan or other metal bakeware is the best choice.
- Use plastic wrap to tightly cover the ice cream. This will prevent ice crystals and freezer burn from forming. If your container has a lid put the plastic wrap on before securing the lid in place.
- Stored correctly this ice will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks
My tips for this recipe:
I recommend using a metal loaf pan for freezing the ice cream. The depth of the pan will make it easier to scoop the ice cream one it’s frozen.
Store the ice cream in the back of the freezer where the temperature is more controlled. This will help the ice cream remain creamy and evenly frozen.
I served this No Churn Banana Split Ice Cream when we had family over for a cookout and everyone went nuts for it! (See what I did there? LOL! ) If you give this recipe a try please come back and leave a review I love to hearing from readers!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
No Churn Banana Split Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz. can ofcondensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Maraschino Cherries drained
- 3 diced bananas
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts* or to preference
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup or to preference
- Begin, by pouring the heavy whipping cream into a large mixing bowl and sing a hand mixer, mix until cream becomes stiff peaks form.
- Next, add condensed milk, vanilla, one jar of cherries, and 2 diced bananas
- folding until well blended and combined.
- Then, pour mixture into a metal bread pan. Top with left over banana slices, cherries, and chopped walnuts. and drizzle with chocolate cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for six to eight hours. **
- Don’t forget top off the Banana Split Ice Cream with all your favorite toppings.
*walnuts can be replaced with peanuts, pecans, or almond
**if you have a container with a lid be sure to cover the ice cream with plastic wrap before securing the lid