These Cake Mix Monster Cookies are soft and chewy and absolutely loaded with chocolate chips, M&M’s, and pecans. Made with a cake mix this yummy recipe comes together easily and perfect for packing in lunches or snacking anytime.
What are Monster Cookies?
These cookies get the name “Monster Cookies” because they are stuffed full of mixed in extras like: M&M’s, chocolate chips, and nuts. All the extra ingredients make them bumpy and lumpy which reminds some people of monsters. A different train of thought is that because they are loaded with so much good stuff they are the “monster” of all cookies. No matter which you think is correct these cookies are delicious and so much fun to make and eat!
How to make Cake Mix Monster Cookies:
- yellow cake mix
- mini M&M’s
- chocolate chips
- chopped pecans
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- cookie scoop
- Start by softening three tablespoons of butter.
- Then preheat the oven 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Next in a medium mixing bowl mix together the cake mix, butter, and eggs.
- Fold in the M&M’s, chocolate chips, and chopped pecans.
- Using a small cookie scoop place the dough on the prepared cookie sheet two inches apart. Then using a measuring cup or drinking glass press down slightly on the scoops of dough to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Let the cookie cool on the pan for five minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
Substitutions and Variations:
- Make these cookies chocolate by using a chocolate cake mix instead of a yellow cake mix.
- Swap the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips or any combination of the three.
- You can use regular M&M’s instead of the mini version. You can also use Reese’s Pieces or a combination of the two.
- Instead of pecans use peanuts, almonds, or walnuts.
I hope you and your family will love this recipe as much as we do! If you do try this recipe please come back and leave a comment letting me know how much you liked it!
Happy Baking Y’all!
Cake Mix Monster Cookies
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- ½ cup mini M&M chocolate candies
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: In a medium mixing bowl; add the boxed cake mix powder. Add the eggs and softened butter. Mix until combined.
Step 3: Next, fold in the M&M candies, chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
Step 4: Using a small cookie scoop, place about 2 tbsp of cookie dough on the parchment lined baking sheet. Making sure that the dough balls at least 2 inches apart. Using a measuring cup, gently press down on the tops of the cookie dough balls to flatten slightly.