Honey Pecan Pie is a favorite Southern dessert that is a slight twist on the classic version. It’s sweet and savory with just a touch of vanilla. Whether it’s Thanksgiving or Thursday you’re sure to love this pie!
How to make Honey Pecan Pie:(scroll down for full recipe)
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- 9 inch pie crust
- 9-inch pie pan
- mixing bowl
- large spoon
Step One: With a sharp knife roughly chop one cup of the pecan halves into smaller pieces then set them aside while you prepare the pie filling and crust.
Step Two: Follow directions on box of pie crust and transfer into pie plate.
Step Three: In a medium size mixing bowl combine together the all-purpose flour and sugar.
Step Four: In the same bowl add in the eggs, honey, butter, vanilla and salt. Stir until well combined. Mix in the chopped pecans.
Step Five: Transfer the honey and pecan pie filling into the prepared pie crust.
Optional: arrange pecan halves around edge and center of the pie in a decorative way.
Step Six: Cover the edges of the pie crust loosely with aluminum foil or a pie shield for the first 25 minutes to prevent them from burning.
Step Seven: After 25 minutes remove the foil from around the crust and continue to bak for an additional 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Step Eight: Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours or until cooled through completely and pie has reached room temperature. Slice and Serve.
My Tips and Notes:
- Save your manicure and avoid shelling pecans by buying a bag of shelled pecan halves in the baking section of your grocery store. Measure out one cup of pecans and roughly chop them witha sharp knife. Then select a few nice pecans for the top of pie.
- Buy a refrigerated or frozen pie crust to make it easy. The real star of this pie is honey pecan filling so there’s no need to make a pie crust from scratch.
- Go all the way severe if al a mode! Top a slice of this delicious pie with a a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate treat!
Refrigerator: Cover pie in the pie pan with plastic wrap or foil and store in fridge for up to five days.
Freezer: I do not recommend freezing this pie. Honey can expand when frozen and this can lead the pie over filling the pie pan and leaving you with a mess.
I hope your family will love this recipe as much as we do! If you do try this recipe please come back and leave a comment letting me know how much you liked it!
Happy Baking Y’all!
Still hungry? Follow New South Charm on Pinterest! for more recipe ideas!
Southern Honey Pecan Pie
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey
- ⅓ butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped, plus more for top of pie
- 1 9 inch unbaked pie crust
- ½ cup pecan halves
Preheat oven at 350°F
In a small bowl, combine the sugar and flour.
Stir in the eggs, honey, butter, vanilla and salt.
Add chopped pecans and mix well.
Pour into pie crust. Arrange pecan halves around edge
and center of pie.
Cover edges or pie crust loosely with foil to prevent burring.
Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
At the end of 25 minutes remove the foil. Bake for an additional 20-25
minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack until pie has reached room temperature before serving.