Ranch is a popular flavor for everything from salad dressing to pork chops. Making your own Homemade Ranch seasoning is easy to do. Making your own is healthier and tastes better than anything you can buy in the store.
Ranch is a popular flavor at my house. We like it on snacks like these Ranch Seasoned Oyster Crackers or on main dishes like this Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner or this Ranch Chicken Pasta Salad.
Three tablespoons of this homemade mix is equal to one store bought packet. The packets you buy in the store have powdered
What are the ingredients in Ranch Seasoning mix?
- dried chives
- dill weed
- dried parsley
- onion flakes
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- powdered buttermilk
How do you make Ranch Seasoning?
- Stir the ingredients together until well combined.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to two months.
- If you want to make your seasoning exactly like the store bought version you need to add powdered buttermilk. This can be found at almost any grocery store and is usually in or near the baking aisle.
- If you add buttermilk to your seasoning mix you’ll need to store it in the refrigerator. The directions on the container of powdered buttermilk says it must be refrigerated after opening. You know what they say safety first!
One of the most popular ways to use ranch seasoning is for Ranch Dip. This dip has a rich and tangy flavor that is perfect for dipping veggies and chips. This classic appetizer is always a hit at parties and comes tougher in a snap.
How to make Homemade Ranch Dip:
Combine three tablespoons Ranch Seasoning Mix made with powered buttermilk with one cup sour cream stirring until creamy and smooth.
Transfer in a bowl with lid or cover well with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for one hour up to three days.
Some of my favorites for dipping:
- bell peppers
- cherry tomatoes
- wheat crackers
I love dipping sliced cucumbers in ranch dip or even ranch dressing. It is something I keep on hand regularly as a healthy snack.
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Looking for more recipes you can make with Homemade Ranch Seasoning?
Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons parsley dried
- 2 teaspoons dill weed dried
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons chives dried
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup powdered buttermilk* optional
In a medium bowl whisk all ingredients together transfer to an air tight container or jar and and refrigerate.
If adding powdered buttermilk you will need to keep this refrigerated
To make Ranch Dip combine three tablespoons of the seasoning blend with a cup of sour cream until creamy and smooth. Some suggestions for serving with carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, or cucumbers, or chips.