I don’t know about you but for us life gets pretty busy this time of year. It seems like there are parties, church services, family events, parades, and so much going on that I just don’t have time to cook. On nights like these I like to make one of my “go to” fast fix meals. Today I’m sharing one of those meals with you: French Dip Sandwiches.
The best part about these sandwiches is that it only takes fifteen minutes to prepare. You read that right 15 minutes.
To make four sandwiches you will need a pound of thinly shaved roast beef. I usually buy it from the deli at my grocery store. You can also pick up a package in the cooler section of the store too.
You will also need Provolone Cheese. The amount will depend on how much cheese you like on your sandwich. I usually buy eight slices. If you like less cheese consider cutting each slice in half. That would mean you only need four slices of cheese.
Of course it wouldn’t be a great sandwich without awesome bread. I like to buy these small baguettes because they are delicious and have a crispy curst. If you prefer a softer bread you could use Hoagie Rolls. For a little extra flavor smear on a little creamy horseradish, or mayo.
If I have time I make a salad as a side. If not pickles and chips are a great way to finish this meal. No matter what sides you choose this French Dip Sandwich is the perfect fast dinner or weekend lunch.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all
French Dip Sandwich
- 1 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 8 slices Provolone Cheese
- 1 can Beef Consommé two if you are making more than 4 sandwiches
- 1/2 teaspoon onion power
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 baguettes or Hoagie Rolls
- Horseradish or Mayonnaise optional
- In a saucepan combine Beef Consommé, onion powder, and garlic powder
- Bring to a slow boil
- Add roast beef two or three pieces at a time allowing them to simmer for two minutes
- Put on bun and top with cheese immediately
- Repeat steps three and four until all sandwiches are made
- Divide au jus into ramekins or small bowls