Bowtie Pasta or Farfalle is best when used with light cream sauces or cold salads. It is also ideal for pasta recipes that have vegetables because the wide shape is great for catching the sauce and other ingredients.
This recipe calls for prepared chicken. If you don’t have time to prepare the chicken you can pick up a rotisserie chicken at the supermarket. Doing this will be a huge time saver. Any leftover chicken can be frozen or tossed into a salad for lunch.
As I said before this recipe calls for prepared chicken. If you’re not using a rotisserie chicken then I suggest popping two boneless, skinless chicken breasts under your broiler for about 30 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through shred it and set aside.
Prepare the pasta according to package directions then drain and set it aside. In the same pot melt two tablespoons of butter. Then add in a cup of diced onion and red bell pepper and cook until tender. Add minced garlic to the pot and cook for another minute. If you’re using garlic powder do not add it now wait and add the garlic with the next step.
Once the onion and garlic are cooked add soups, milk, peas, garlic powder (if using), salt and pepper to pot. Stir to combine and bring everything to a boil. Reduce heat and allow it to continue to simmer for about two to three minutes. I always taste it here to make sure the sauce doesn’t need more salt or more garlic.
Finally add chicken and pasta cheddar and parmesan cheese to sauce. Turn heat to low and cover allow to simmer for ten minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Garnish with more parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper if desired.
Let’s Pin together. Follow me on Pinterest.
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Creamy Chicken and Garlic Pasta
Creamy Chicken and Garlic Pasta is one those recipes that I've been making for years. It's always good and easy to put together. This recipe is also a great for feeding a crowd. Defiantly one that will impress friends and family.
- 1 16 oz. package of Bow Tie Pasta
- 3 cups of cooked chopped or shredded chicken In a hurry? Try using a rotisserie chicken from the deli section of your local grocery store.
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup 1o oz. give or take
- 1 10 oz. bag of frozen green peas
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on package
- In a large pot warm olive oil over medium heat
- Add red pepper, onion, and minced garlic to pot cook until tender (if using garlic powder set aside until next step)
- Next add soup, peas, milk, (garlic powder), salt and pepper to the pot and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and allow simmer, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through
- Add chicken into pot and stir in cheese
- Add in prepared pasta and toss in sauce
- Simmer for five minutes stirring occasionally