This Chicken Croissant Casserole was so good I thought I might have to arm wrestle my husband for the leftovers. This delicious dish is easy to put together and is sure to please. Because it’s just as good the next day I think it’d make a great dish if you were taking it to new parents or sick friends and relatives.
There are three steps to this casserole. Making the chicken mixture, the sauce and then building the bundles. It is actually really easy to do. Begin by shredding two chicken breasts. Then mixing the chicken into a bowl with softened cream cheese, onion, butter, milk, salt and pepper. After you stir it together set aside and make the sauce.
In another bowl combine milk, shredded cheese and cream of chicken soup. Mix until smooth.
Now you’re ready to make the bundles with the croissants. This is easy to do just follow the steps below.
Unroll one section of the croissant dough and lay it out on a flat surface, then place a spoonful of the filling at the large end. Then roll the dough into a pocket so that the filling is inside the dough.
Place a spoonful of the sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish, then put the stuffed croissant on top.
Then place another spoonful of the sauce on top of the croissant and then sprinkle with shredded cheese. Pop it in the oven for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the croissant is toasty brown.
Be sure to keep the leftovers just a few seconds in the microwave and you’ve got a delicious lunch the next day.
Like this recipe? Follow New South Charm on Facebook and never miss a single recipe!: New South Charm
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Chicken Croissant Casserole
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 8 servings
- 2 8 oz. cans of Pillsbury’s Crescent Rolls
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 cups Grated cheese your choice I used Monterrey Jack
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter soft
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced onion flakes
- 2 cups finely chopped COOKED chicken breast try shredding a deli rotisserie chicken to save time
- Milk ½ cup for the sauce 2 tablespoons for filling
- In medium sized bowl mix together ½ cup milk, ¾ cup grated cheese, and undiluted cream of chicken soup until smooth and blended well.
- In a bowl combine 2 tbs. soft butter and the 4 ounces of cream cheese until smooth.