This recipe for Cherry Lime Margaritas combines the flavors of cherries and limes with tequila for the ultimate summer cocktail.
Around here cocktails on the back porch are pretty much a given during the summer. On Friday nights sometimes I make a pitcher of our favorite Easy Beer Margaritas or sangria like this Apple and Pear Sangria and we sit and sip while we unwind from the week.
How to make Cherry Lime Margaritas:
- Salt the rim of the glass by rubbing a slice of lime around the edge and then dipping it into salt in a small plate or saucer and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor blend the thawed cherries until pureed.
- Next, add in tequila, lime juice, cherry juice, simple syrup and ice then blend until combined.
- Garnish with more cherries and limes.
Where can I find cherry juice?
At my local grocery store the cherry juice is located on the same aisle as the apple juice and other juices that are not refrigerated. If you want to add a sweeter taste to this recipe you can exchange the cherry juice for black cherry juice. This will also be found in the same area of your market.
The perfect way to finish off this margarita is with a Lime Salt and Pepper Rim. To make the salt mixture you’ll need to zest a lime. You can do this either with a Microplane, zester or with a cheese grater using the side with the finest blades. You won’t need a lot of zest only about about two tablespoons worth or the zest of two small limes.
To make the Lime and Salt Rim mixture you will need:
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
Place all ingredients in a blender in a food processor and pulse until well combined. Pour the Lime Salt into shallow bowl or saucer for rimming the glasses.
I loved the cherry and lime flavor of these margaritas. They are perfect for summer and the making them with fresh fruit instead of a mix gives them a flavor that can’t be beat. I hope you’ll make a pitcher of this cocktail for your next party or even for sitting on the porch and relaxing.
Cherry Lime Margaritas
- 16 oz pitted cherries thawed or fresh
- 1 1/2 cups tequila
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup cherry juice*
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- ice as desired
- limes and cherries for garnish
- Salt the rim of the glass by rubbing a slice of lime around the edge and then dipping it into prepared salt in a small plate or saucer and set aside
- In a blender or food processor blend the thawed cherries until pureed
- Add in tequila, lime juice, cherry juice, simple syrup and ice then blend until combined
Salt Lime Rim:
1/4 cup kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1 tablespoon lime, zested
For the lime salt rim: put salt, pepper and lime zest in a blender or food processor and pulse until well combined.