This easy recipe for Beer Margaritas has only a few ingredients and is the perfect drink for a party or to pair with Mexican food.
The temperature is warming up and it is at long last patio season! Last weekend we had some friends over for dinner and we decided to grill up a few steaks and I made a Seven Layer Salad and our favorite Steakhouse Green Beans with a bit pitcher of my Sweet Iced Tea and for dessert Strawberry Vanilla Poke Cake.
After I planned the food I decided to make a fun cocktail that was easy to serve and that men and women would both like. I settled on a pitcher of Beer Margaritas or Beergarita.
Of course, I had to test the recipe so I picked up the ingredients at the store last week and gave it a trail run. This past weekend I tweaked the recipe a little bit and y’all, these are seriously good! I had to whip up a second pitcher to enjoy with the steaks.
What is a Beer Margarita?
Beer margarita is a cocktail made with typical margarita ingredients and combined with a light beer of Mexican origin like Corona, Dos Equis or Modelo.
How do you make a Beer Margarita?
- Begin by thinly slicing a lime and placing those pieces at the bottom of a large glass pitcher
- Next pour in two bottles of beer, one can of limeade concentrate and a 1/2 cup of tequila then stir to combine
- Scoop in ice and place in the fridge to chill for about 15 minutes.
- Serve in a salt rimmed glass with ice and garnish with a lime.
How do I get the salt rim for this drink?
- Cut one lime into large wedges
- Pour salt into a shallow bowl or plate
- Rub the edge of the glass with one of the lime wedges
- Then dip the top of the glass into the salt twisting it around so the gains of salt stick to the glass
Looking for more party cocktails ?
This party cocktail is perfect for so many occasions like summer barbecues, tailgating, sipping on the porch in the summer or with your next taco night.
Happy Sipping Y’all!
- 2 limes thinly sliced plus more for garnish
- 2 bottles Corona Beer
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup corse salt
- limes for garnish
Slice limes and place in bottom of a large glass pitcher
Pour Corona, frozen limeade concentrate and tequila in to pitcher and stir to combine
Add ice cubes to mixture set in fridge to chill for 15 minutes
Trace the lip of the glass with a lime wedge and then dip into course salt
Add fresh ice to glass
Pour into glass and garnish with a lime wheel or wedge