There’s a local restaurant my husband and I go to frequently. One of my favorite things on the menu there is Chicken Parmesan. Baked Chicken Parmesan is my twist on that dish. I use baked chicken instead of fried to make it a little healthier and a lot easier to make without giving up any of the flavor.
This recipe calls for baked, chopped chicken. To prepare the chicken season it with salt and pepper and then place it in a preheated 350º oven. Once the chicken is in the oven I start the pasta and let it cook while preparing the sauce.
The sauce is easy to make. In a large bowl combine diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder, and sugar. Add cooked pasta and chicken to bowl and mix until evenly coated.
Transfer mixture into a prepared casserole dish and place in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown. After removing the pasta from the oven sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with a side salad and warm crusty bread.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 16 oz Rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups of diced chicken cooked
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese separated
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Shred or diced prepared chicken
- Prepare pasta according to package directions
- In a large bowl combine diced tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- Add chicken, cooked pasta, and one cup of Mozzarella cheese to bowl and stir until combined
- Prepare a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and pour mixture into dish
- Top with remaining Mozzarella cheese and half of the Parmesan cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350º
- Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese on top and garnish with parsley flakes (optional)
Looking for more great PASTA recipes?