I recently bought an Instant Pot and honestly I was skeptical that it would live up to the hype. I was so wrong it’s amazing! It just might be the best small appliance I have ever purchased.
My first recipe in the Instant Pot was this Loaded Potato Soup and we love it so much we’ve had it three times in the last two weeks.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you don’t have to peel the potatoes!! All you have to do is give them a good scrub. Then, dice into bite size pieces then drop them in the bowl of the Instant Pot.
Next add onion and carrot to the potatoes to the pot. Then pour in broth and season with butter, garlic, salt and pepper. I added a pinch of red pepper flakes for some kick but that’s optional.
Once you’ve got the ingredients in the pot lock the lid in place and then make sure the valve is sealed. Set the pot to high and cook for ten minutes. At the end of the cooking time release the valve and wait for the pressure to release.
Remove most of the soup from the pot and blend until smooth. I used my food processor to do this but you can also use a mixer or if you have one an emersion blender. Return the soup to the pot and pour in heavy cream and stir to combine. Garnish with bacon, scallions and cheese.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
- 8-10 potatoes, diced but not peeled
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced or pressed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes, onion, garlic, butter and broth in the in Instant Pot then seal the lid in place and make sure the valve is closed.
- Set the Instant pot to Manual (or High depending on model) for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete release the valve and wait until the pressure is released.
- Remove most of the soup and blend until smooth using a food processor or blender.
- Return soup to the pot and stir in heavy cream season with salt and pepper
- Garnish with bacon, scallions, and cheese if desired.
Looking of more great SOUP recipes?