Looking for an easy delicious dinner idea that’s ready in just 30 minutes? Then you’ll love Instant Pot Cajun Chicken and Rice!
Thank you VEETEE RICE for sponsoring this post and making it so easy to get dinner on the table! All opinions are 100% my own.
I have a new love in my life and he’s all about instant gratification. Ok so maybe he’s not but I do have very strong feelings for my Instant Pot. I mean how do you not love a device that can cook almost anything in about 30 minutes!
Thirty minutes is all you need to prepare this easy recipe for Instant Pot Cajun and Rice. My secret for getting this recipe completed in just 30 minutes is VeeTee Rice. This fantastic product is microwaved or stir fried in just 3 minutes making it the perfect choice for dinner in a hurry.
VeeTee Rice comes in a wide variety types and flavors. For this Instant Pot Cajun Chicken and Rice I used VeeTee Wholegrain Brown Rice. Brown rice is the perfect compliment to cajun seasoning. It’s also a healthy option if you are watching your weight or sugar in take.
I’m still learning my way around the Instant Pot and it’s many functions but I’m a big fan of the saute function! No need to break out a skillet to brown beef, or cook onion before placing it in pot! That means one less dish to wash and I’ll never complain about that, ever.
VeeTee Rice is a great addition to your pantry and can be a lifesaver on busy days when you think there’s no way you can get dinner on the table. We always have a few packages of the Long Grain White Rice and the Spicy Mexican Rice on hand for fast dinners. Trust me the next time you’re at the grocery store grab a few packages and give VeeTee Rice a try!
Like this recipe? Follow me on Facebook for lots of recipes and ideas that your family will love!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
- 1 (9 oz) package VeeTee Brown Rice
- 1 lb. chicken breast cut thin (see note at bottom of recipe)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chicken with cajun seasoning, salt and pepper set aside
- Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute button just to get the pot started heating up. Once the display reads hot add the the chicken, onion, garlic and bell pepper, tomato paste, and chicken broth to instant pot and close lid and valve. Cook on high pressure for ten minutes.
- At the end of the ten minutes open the pressure valve and release the pressure
- When the pin has dropped carefully open the lid and shred the chicken
- Switch the pot over to saute and then add the VeeTee rice to the chicken mixture and cook for three minutes stirring occasionally.