=I love to give homemade food gifts during the holiday season even more than that I love to receive them! Nothing says love like someone taking to the time to cook or bake for you.
I volunteer weekly at a local food bank with two other ladies from my church. This year I wanted to give them a little something to say thanks for all the laughs and just being great people to work with. I finally decided on these Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Rods and the ladies loved them!
Not only are the pretzels delicious they are fun and festive! So if you are looking for a last minute or super simple treat to give to neighbors or co-workers these Carmel Chocolate Pretzel Rods are perfect!
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups unwrapped caramels
- ¼ cup mix milk chocolate chips/white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Wilton bright white candy melts
- You will also need:
- Tall Drinking glass
- Parchment paper
- Decorating bag
- Place your unwrapped caramel in a microwave safe tall glass and heat on 50% power for 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dunk your pretzels into your melted caramel and place on a parchment paper lined paper plate or pan and place them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into another tall glass.
- Dunk your pretzel rods ¾ of the way into your melted chocolate, let any excess chocolate drip off and place onto a parchment paper lined plate or pan.
- Transfer your pretzels to the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Place your white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the point of the bag.
- Remove your pretzels from the freezer and drizzle your white chocolate over your chocolate covered pretzels.
- Immediately press your milk and white chocolate chips onto the white chocolate while it is still soft.
- Let that for another 15 minutes or until the white chocolate has hardened and enjoy.