Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies so how could I not love a cake with all the same great flavors? This cake did not disappoint! The combination of the sweet cake with the flavor of the spicy cinnamon made me love this cake as much as the cookie!
Poke cakes are easy to make and this Snickerdoodle Poke Cake was no exception. Starting with a yellow cake mix you just add a few simple ingredients and becomes a flavorful moist dessert that feeds a crowd and is perfect for a family gathering or a potluck.
To make this Snickerdoodle cake combine yellow cake mix with water, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed. Then transfer the mixture into a 9×13 pan and spread out evenly. Then place in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Set the cake aside and allow it cool completely For me this was about 30 minutes. Once the cake is cooled use a skewer to poke holes completely through the cake to the bottom. Then pour the condensed milk over the top and spread out with a spatula so that the liquid goes into the holes poked in the cake.
Next top the cake with defrosted whipped topping and then place in the refrigerator for an hour. Sprinkle on more ground cinnamon and serve.
That’s all there is to it! So easy but so good!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz) container whipped topping (defrosted)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven 350 and spray a 9x13 cake pan with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, oil, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon on medium speed until smooth. Pour into baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
- Cool cake completely, about 30 minutes
- Using a skewer poke holes completely though the cake about an inch apart
- Pour the condensed milk over the cake and use a spatula to spread it over the surface and into the holes
- Top the cake with the whipped topping and refrigerate for an hour
- Garnish with more ground cinnamon is desired