Kick your weeknight or holiday dinner up a notch with these Maple Cinnamon and Sugar Sweet Potatoes.
Y’all I can’t believe that Fall is here already and in just a few weeks it will be Thanksgiving. Christmas is probably my favorite holiday BUT Thanksgiving runs a very close second; like photo finish close. One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is that I get to host my family in our home.
I love planning the menu for that day and I start planning as soon as the leaves begin to change color. This year I’m definitely serving these Maple Roasted Cinnamon and Sugar Sweet Potatoes.
You’ll need to peel and dice the potatoes before cooking them. I chopped them into about one inch pieces. Then I placed them in a big bowl and drizzled olive oil and maple syrup. Sprinkle on the cinnamon and brown sugar and toss until potatoes are evenly coated.
Then spread the potatoes out in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Then place in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes stirring halfway through. When the potatoes are done cooking the edges will be crispy and golden brown.
Normally, I’m not a big fan of sweet potatoes but these were so good I have a big serving. They definitely made the menu for Thanksgiving this year.
Like this recipe? Follow me on Facebook for lots of recipes and ideas that your family will love.
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Place cubed sweet potatoes in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup then sprinkle on cinnamon and brown sugar. Toss to coat unit all pieces are evenly covered.
- Lay potatoes out on a large cookie sheet. Spreading them into a single layer, you might have to use to cookies sheets if you don’t have a large enough pan.