My husband declared this Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup best new recipe I’d made all year before he finished the first bowl. That’s how good this soup is, trust me!
There’s just something so comforting about a bowl of homemade soup. It’s maybe the ultimate comfort food.
This Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup is full of great flavors like chicken and vegetables but it also has garlic and onions. Plus, this soup has one of my favorite seasonings Italian Seasoning.
If you don’t keep it in your spice rack you defiantly should. A combination of basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary and thyme it’s perfect or all your Italian dishes. I love this so much I even add a teaspoon to jarred Marinara sauce for that extra punch of flavor.
This recipe calls for mirepoix or a blend of carrots, celery and onion. There are two ways you can do this. The first is to chop the vegetables fresh or you can purchase a bag mirepoix blend vegetables in the frozen food section. If you’re looking for the fastest way to make this soup I recommend purchasing the frozen bag of vegetables.
- 2 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 2 carrots, sliced 2 stalks celery sliced, and ½ onion or
- 1 bag frozen mirepoix blend vegetables
- 1 cup onions (in addition to the mirepoix diced)
- 1 (8 oz) package tortellini
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 8 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook two chicken breasts (shred and set aside)
- In a large stock pot over medium heat melt butter
- Cook mirepoix blend and onions until tender
- Add chicken, parsley, Italian seasoning, and garlic to vegetables stir to combine cook for one minute
- Add tortellini and broth then bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for twenty minutes
- While the pot is still simmering but not boiling remove from heat add cream and stir until well combined
- Easy Chicken Tortellini Soup is full of great flavors and so easy to make you’ll want to make it again and again!