Looking for a fresh, easy side dish for all those summer cookouts? I’ve got you covered with this Five Bean Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette. Perfect for chicken or steaks but it’s a great alternative to fries or chips with burgers too.
Now that the warmer weather is here I’m dreaming about grilling steaks, burgers and chicken. More importantly I’m dreaming about the side dishes I want to make to go with all my grilled favorites.
This Five Bean Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette is perfect for anything you make on the grill. It goes beautifully with chicken, steak and even burgers. Heck we even love it with sandwiches.
You will need white wine vinegar to make the vinaigrette. I found it not he aisle with the regular white vinegar. We all know the three main forms of vinegar: white, balsamic, and apple cider but there are so many different versions to choose from. Actually, I have seven kinds of vinegar in my pantry. I know this because my husband announced it the other day when he was helping me put away groceries.
I tried to explain to him that it wasn’t that many but you know men they don’t understand why you need more than one of anything. If I left it to him I’d have one pair of black shoes and one part of tennis shoes. I need choices whether it’s for shoes or vinegar. After all variety is the spice of life, right?
I’ve made this salad a few times. I’m also embraced to admit took me a couple times before I got smart and broke out the colander and just dumped the beans and corn in it under cold water.
After you’ve drained and rinsed the beans and it’s time to make the vignette. I recommend using a large bowl so you don’t have to worry about making a mess while you stir all the beans around.
In bowl combine olive oil with the white wine vinegar and a little sugar. Then stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Next transfer the beans, corn and onion into he vinaigrette and toss until well coated.
Refrigerate for and hour up to three days in an air tight container.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red onion, minced
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain each can of beans and the corn and rinse
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil. white wine vinegar and sugar stirring until sugar is dissolved
- Transfer the beans, corn and onion into the bowl and season with salt and pepper. Then toss until well coated in the vignette
- Refrigerate in an air tight container for an hour to three days