These Easy Chicken Taco Bowls are fast and easy to make. They are also budget friendly and very filling. This might just be the perfect dinner for a busy night.
This post is sponsored by Veetee Rice. As always, all opinions are my own and this recipe is one I’m sure you will love!
Let’s talk about those busy nights when you need a f-a-s-t dinner. For those nights I like to have a meal I can put together with a few pantry staples. Pantry staples like this great microwavable Veetee rice.
One of my favorite go to meals are these Chicken Taco Bowls. Not only are they fast and easy to make they are filling.
Begin by cutting two chicken breasts into bite size pieces season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet and cook the chicken on medium high heat until it is cooked through. This should take about 10 minutes.
Once chicken is cooked through add bell pepper and onion to skillet and cook until tender.
Next, add in black beans, corn, tomatoes and chilies, and taco seasoning then stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
While the chicken mixture is simmering you can prepare the rice. For this recipe I’m using Veetee Dine In Long Grain Rice. It’s practical, inexpensive and fast. By fast I mean it is ready in 2 minutes.
To prepare the rice you simply peel back the film over the top and pop it in your microwave and cook on high for two minutes. Remove the package and fluff the rice with a fork.
To assemble the bowls dish the rice into bowls and then top with the chicken taco mixture. Garnish with topping of you choice. I like to add scallions and tortilla strips for crunch but the possibilities are endless.
These days everyone is looking for heathy choices. Veetee Rice is GMO free, gluten free, vegetarian and vegan friendly.
Veetee Rice has a shelf life of 12 months and comes in 12 different flavors:
- Whole Grain Brown Rice
- Long Grain Rice
- Basmati & Wild Rice
- Chicken Flavor Rice
- Golden Vegetable Rice
- Thai Jasmine Rice
- Wholegrain Brown Rice & Quinoa
- Red Beans & Rice New Orleans Style
- Thai Lime & Herb Rice
- Pilaf Rice
- Spanish Style Rice
With so many choices you’ll never have to wonder what to make for dinner again!
Be sure to sign up for the Veetee Rice newsletter to to keep up with all the latest news and fun contests. Plus, there’s always a new delicious recipe to be found. If you sign up today you could win a $25 Walmart Gift Card! Everyone loves free money right?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
- 1 10 oz. package VEETEE Long Grain Rice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package taco seasoning
- ½ cup bell pepper
- ½ cup onion
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chilies and tomatoes, drained
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garnish of choice
- Cut two chicken breasts into bite size pieces season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a large skillet and cook the on medium high heat until chicken is cooked through. This should take about 10 minutes.
- Add bell peppers, onions to skillet and cook until tender
- Add in black beans, corn, tomatoes and chilies, and taco seasoning stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions
- Spoon rice into bowls and then top with the chicken taco mixture. Garnish with topping of you choice.
Looking for more great recipes?