Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy is a simple dinner that will remind you of your grandma’s home cooking. It only takes five minutes to prep and cooks all day. If you have a busy morning, busy afternoon, or both this recipe is a lifesaver.
Slow cookers are awesome and I have an on going love affair with mine. Lately since the temperatures are colder I’ve been craving some of my favorite slow cooker recipes. But I love my slow cooker in the summer months too. When it’s too hot to turn on the oven cooking dinner in my slow cooker is the perfect solution for getting dinner on the table.
Begin by making the gravy. To do this dump chicken gravy mix, a can of cream of chicken soup, minced onion flakes, garlic powder, two cups water, salt and pepper in the bowl of your slow cooker. Whisk until well combined.
To make Slow Cooker Chicken and Gravy I used boneless skinless chicken breasts but really you could use any chicken you have on hand.
In the bowl of your slow cooker mix together cream of chicken soup, water, two packets of chicken gravy mix, onion flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Then place the chicken breasts in the gravy mixture and make sure they are coved. Set crock pot on low cook for six to eight hours.
When cooking is done remove chicken and shred. The chicken should be so tender it pulls away easily. Once shredded return to slow cooker add a half cup sour cream and stir to combine. I like to serve this over rice but It is also great over biscuits or noodles.
Do you have a favorite slow cooker meal? Let me know I’m always looking for a new recipe to try. Just leave a comment and tell me about it.
Thank you so much for reading! Are you following New South Charm on Facebook? I’d love to hear from you; drop by and say hello!
Happy Cooking Y’all!
- 2 lbs chicken
- 2 cups water
- 2 packets chicken gravy mix
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- I the bowl of your slow cooker whisk together both water, cream of chicken soup, onion flakes, garlic powder, and gravy mix
- Add chicken to bowl making sure it is covered by the gravy
- Cook for 6- 8 hours (depending on you slow cooker's timer)
- When cooking is complete remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return to bowl
- Stir in a half cup of sour cream.
- Serve over rice,biscuits, or noodles
Looking for more great Slow Cooker recipes?