Ro-Tel Chicken Pasta is the most requested dish I make from my sister. Since this was such a hit with her I decided to share it with you. I have to admit it is GOOD. I mean close your eyes and savor every bite good.
This dish is not hard to make but does require prepared chicken. If you want to cut back on prep time I suggest using a rotisserie chicken from the deli section of your grocery store. Another fast option would be purchasing a package of precooked chicken from the freezer section and popping it in the microwave.
No matter how you decide to prepare it this is pure comfort food. It will make your heart smile.
I usually serve this pasta with a green salad and warm crispy garlic bread.
Happy Cooking Y’all!
If you like this easy recipe you might like these:
Rotel Chicken Pasta
Author: Susanne Eagan
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast (or rotisserie)
- 1 medium bell pepper (diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (finely diced or grated or ½ teaspoon of garlic powder)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package penne pasta or 8-10 oz. spaghetti
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10 ¾ oz.)
- 1 can Rotel with diced chilies (10 oz.)
- 8-10 oz. of Velveeta cheese cubed
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare pasta according to package directions (I always add salt and olive oil to the pot when make pasta just a little trick I learned watching Rachel Ray.)
- Cube or shred the cooked chicken
- In large skillet over medium heat melt butter add chicken diced bell pepper, onion and garlic cook until there is not liquid left in the skillet
- Stir in soup, cubed Velveeta and Rotel Tomatoes. Reduce heat to low, and cook until the cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Once cheese melts stir in pasta and add to a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish treated (I lined my with aluminum foil and then treated it with nonstick cooking spray. I hate scrubbing dishes!)
- Top with shredded cheese