I love chicken and rice dishes. They are not only are they delicious they’re inexpensive and filling.
This recipe calls for Ritz Crackers combined with butter to make a top crust. Ritz Crackers are one of my favorite snack foods. No seriously I mean L-O-V-E them. They are great with peanut butter, with cheese, with tuna salad, with chicken salad, or just plain out of the box.
What are your favorite snack foods that can double as ingredients in a casserole or dish?
Author: Susanne Eagan
Serves: 8 servings
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts, (cooked and shredded)
- 2 Cups Uncooked Rice
- 1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 8-oz. Carton of Sour Cream
- 2 Sleeves of Ritz Crackers
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter (I went all out and used 3 tablespoons.)
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic (or two cloves minced)
- 2 Teaspoons Poppy Seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a mixing bowl combine cream of chicken soup and sour cream until well blended
- Melt butter and pour over crushed crackers (go slowly to get an even coat)
- Add poppy seeds and garlic to buttered crackers
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish with shredded chicken
- Pour sour cream and soup mixture over the top
- Then add the buttered cracker crumbs to make a “crust”
- Pop in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- Prepare rice while you wait on the chicken mix to finish in the oven
- When it’s done spoon the chicken mix over the rice and serve
Like this recipe? Follow me on Facebook for lots of recipes and ideas that your family will love.
Happy Cookin’ Y’all!